Want to start a computer repair business? Most fail within 6 months. The reason is surprising…
Your talent for fixing computers will not make your business successful. FINDING CUSTOMERS–NOT FIXING COMPUTERS–IS THE REAL CHALLENGE. If you’re serious about starting a computer repair business, you MUST make an investment in an organized and actionable marketing plan so that your new business will be FOUND where customers are looking. Phone book ads, flyers, and cold calling DON’T work and waiting on “word of mouth” is agonizingly slow. The Internet is the new marketing battleground for home and office computer repair businesses. Our startup system–the only one of its kind–will show you how to blitz the competition with 20+ inbound channels for securing new customers: the Internet.
100% of your customers are on the Internet. That’s why they own a computer, right? Follow my directions and you’re guaranteed to be found where they’re looking for you: online.
Ebook #1: “How to Start a Computer Repair Business.”
- Choosing the right name.
- Licensing / EIN.
- Buying equipment.
- Certification: Is it worth it?
- Accounting and bookkeeping.
- Buying software for customers.
- Buying computer parts for customers.
- Selling upgrades.
- Essential computer repair business software.
- Assembling a computer repair business plan.
- Selling training.
- The 7 most common computer problems and how to troubleshoot them.
- Keeping your knowledge current.
- Minimizing your time onsite.
- Scheduling and prioritizing.
- Jobs to take; jobs to pass on.
- Business ideas that produce results.
Website Template: Just for Computer Techs (see preview)
- Simple, clean design.
- Free hosting. No monthly or yearly fees ever.
- “About the owner” section establishes immediate authority with visitors.
- Pre-populated services page that can be customized for your business.
- SEO-optimized for maximum search engine exposure.
- Lots of room for future expansion.
Ebook #2: Craigslist for Computer Repair Techs
- How to post to the top of the list every morning. 85% of users don’t look past the first 2 pages. Stay on top of the list and stay busy.
- How present a professional image and justify higher prices than the cut-rate computer techs on Craigslist.
- Stuff your ad with 30+ keywords that will capture the maximum number of searches.
- Writing a headline that gets attention and DOUBLES clicks.
Ebook #3: Search Engine Optimization for Computer Repair Techs
- Choosing the right keywords to target.
- Optimizing your website for your chosen keywords.
- Title, description, and headline writing for search engines.
- Build links from directory submissions.
- Build links from article submissions.
- Build links from message boards and forums.
- Build links from blogger sites.
Craigslist Ad Template
- Professionally designed ad stands out among simple and crude text ads on craigslist.
- Keyword optimized to capture as many searches as possible.
- Just copy/paste pre-written code for images and graphics to appear.
- Easily edit business name and contact information.
- Tips on re-posting your ad as often as allowed by craigslist.
- Keeping your craigslist campaigns organized.
Ebook #4: Guide to Google Places
- Why Google places is the future of local search.
- How Google prioritizes listings, and how to leapfrog your competitors.
- The importance of citations to your Places entry.
- The relationship of your organic rankings to your Places rankings.
- Setting up a complete Google Places page for maximum exposure (categories, services, keywords, photos, etc.).
- 10 tips for optimizing Google Places listings and securing first pages rankings on Google’s critical map results.
Ebook #5: Social Media for Computer Repair Techs. Mastering Twitter and Facebook.
- How to use Twitter and Facebook to secure the loyalty and referrals of your customers.
- Building your brand and drumming up business.
- Engaging your customers.
- 8 critical Facebook tips for computer repair businesses.
- Pacing yourself.
- Learning from your customer’s posts.
- Coupons and incentives.
- 18 tips to make the most of Twitter.
These 7 electronic books, 6 videos, custom website, and custom Craigslist ad GUARANTEE your success as a new computer repair business.
There simply is not a more thorough and modern resource for starting a computer repair business in any bookstore, library, blog, website, or classroom. Make this investment now and you WILL NOT fail at the one task that sinks new businesses: failure to secure customers.
50 minute MP3 interview with Eli Jones, owner of WebTech Computer Repair (Largest PC Repair Service in Brunswick, GA and ACRBO member)
- How to get your first 5 clients.
- Phone estimating: how to convert calls into appointments.
- Staying organized.
- Pricing: where to price yourself as a newcomer.
- Advertising and marketing tips that work.
- Hiring techs.
- Why new repair businesses fail.
- Tips on difficult virus removal.
- Tips on speeding up “slow” computers.
- How to compete with the “corporate” stores like Staples, Best Buy, and Geek Squad.
- …and much more!
Listen to Eli recommend his 6 favorite troubleshooting tools:
Then we ask: Is there really room for new businesses?
1. Why start a computer repair business? First, the demand for computer repair is large, and continues to grow. More than 70% of Americans own computers. These computers become more complex every year, and their users depend on their computers for increasingly important tasks…average people now need regular computer repair services just like they need dentists, plumbers, and mechanics. Over $60 billion dollars is spent yearly on computer repair services. Second, to start a pc repair business requires virtually no startup capital. You will need some basic tools that you likely already have, but the most important asset of your business–the knowledge of how to repair computers that you’ve accumulated through years of experience–costs nothing. Finally, a computer repair service can be successfully run without a physical location. Mobile repair techs have the significant advantage of low overhead and a more convenient service for their customers. You can and will “steal” customers from the big repair stores because of your prices and convenience as an onsite service.
2. Am I a good candidate for a computer repair business? Does everyone call you when they have a computer problem? Have you had success fixing their problems? Do you have the patience to troubleshoot sometimes complicated technical issues? How many hours have you spent fixing your friends’ and family’s computers thinking…”if only I got paid for this.” Now is your chance to get paid, and paid well, for something you’ve been doing for free for too long.
3. I can perform some basic tasks like virus removal, RAM upgrades, reformat/reinstall, and tune ups, but there are some advanced repairs I’m not comfortable with. Can I still be successful at this? Yes! 85% of support calls are very simple: can’t print, set up a new computer, slow computer, or wireless router installations are all common. For jobs you don’t have full confidence for, here’s a tip: Google is your best friend. Bring a laptop to the customer’s location, plug into their Internet connection, and “Google” the answer to their particular problem. It’s like having 100,000+ advanced techs on call! Nonetheless, it’s completely normal to turn down jobs you’re not comfortable with…there’s plenty of easy calls out there.
4. How much money can I make? Pricing varies widely depending on the area you service, the customers you target, and the age of your company. Initially, you should aim for $35/hr., but within a few years, established services charge $60 – $100 an hour and their customers are happy to pay it.
Have a look at what the Geek Squad charges for some simple repairs and services:
|Virus & Spy Removal||$299|
|Security & Performance||$129|
|New Computer Setup||$149|
|Email Setup and Support||$70|
|Hardware Install (RAM, HDD)||$149|
|Network Setup & Support||$149|
These are easy tasks that you can do better and faster than Pimple Squad…standing on your head. And you’d gladly charge less!
5. Is this just a marketing guide or do you actually teach me the “nuts and bolts” of starting a computer repair service from scratch? Book 1, “How to Start a Computer Repair Business” is the largest book of the seven total books and explains–step by step–how to legally create, equip, and operate a computer repair business. Topics include licensing, choosing a name, taxes, accounting, equipment, choosing suppliers, ongoing education and improvement, securing support contracts, scheduling, specializing, pricing strategies, and effective selling tactics.
6. Why pay for these books and videos when I can research this for free on Google? There’s plenty of information out there on how to start a computer repair business, but it has two major flaws:
85% of it teaches you how to fix computers. Let’s face it, no website or computer repair course is going to teach you how to fix a computer. You learn this from years of experience gained through trial and error. The training you truly need is about taking this skill, and learning how to start a business with it.
What little marketing advice that’s available for free on the Internet is painfully outdated. It makes me cringe when a website authored in 2005 encourages new computer repair services to invest in phone book advertising, post cards, and flyer distribution. These are all dead end tactics and a waste of your time and money.
There’s simply no book, blog, message board, website, community college class, or video series available at any price that teaches the subject of modern marketing like “How to Start a Computer Repair Business.” Attracting customers on the Internet is a complicated matter. We’ve simplified the process, customized it for computer repair services, and present you with step-by-step directions for creating an online marketing machine that will ensure the success of your business for months and years to come.
7. I already have a computer repair service and am looking for new ways to find customers. Will your books and videos improve my existing business? Absolutely. We’ll teach you how to leverage the very latest technologies that have revolutionized small business marketing and show you how to implement them with your computer business: SEO, social media, Craigslist, Google Places, and online review sites. You may even learn some useful tips on scheduling, selling service contracts, selling training, and hiring.
8. How long does delivery take? Delivery is instant. After placing your order, you’ll receive an email with a download link. The ebooks are in Adobe PDF format and all videos are hosted on a private YouTube channel.
9. What is your return policy? What’s the catch? There’s no catch. Within 60 days, for any reason, you can send us an email and ask for an immediate refund. We refund your full purchase amount within 12 hours. Have we had refund requests? Of course. But returns are rare and it’s our policy to process them quickly.
10. How long until I’m online and “in business.” And what can I expect to spend in startup costs? Should take about two days to get your license, checking account, and place all your ads online. Your license might cost about $50 and you may need to buy $10 – $15 of basic tools. None of your online properties–the website, your Craigslist ad, your Google Places entry, your Twitter and Facebook accounts, etc. cost anything but the time it takes to create them.
11. How many hours a week can I expect to work? In the beginning, you’ll work part time. You can schedule repair visits around your work schedule if you have a full time job. Eventually you will be busy enough that you must make an important decision: leave your job and run your pc repair business full time, or raise your rates to minimize your work load so you can continue the business on a part time schedule.
ORDER NOW AND RECEIVE THESE VALUABLE BONUS MATERIALS!
Receive these 4 additional ebooks (with over 200 pages of critical business strategies) delivered instantly, and free:
Just $25. Hundreds of copies sold worldwide.
If for any reason you are unsatisfied with this product, email firstname.lastname@example.org for an instant and full refund of your investment.
To your success,
“How to Start a Computer Repair Business”